06 March 2014

Review: Dior Show New Look Mascara

Dior diorshow mascara

I've heard and read so many wonderful things about Dior mascaras. Dior for me is that one brand that screams luxury and expensive. Sooo Hollywood!


Before Christmas I decided to treat myself to a nice "fancy" mascara so I picked this up. I've completely forgot how much it cost, but according to Sephora.fr it retails for €31.50 - link.

dior show mascara

It came in beautiful packaging. Sleek black with silver/chrome detail on it. The wand is smaller than the average wand on a mascara. It has short rubber bristles with super black mascara. After curling my lashes this works great at coating  even the smallest lashes on the inside of the eye. The formulation of the mascara can be quite wet, for those that prefer a slightly drier formula you may not like this one. If you use too much of this I find my lashes easily clumped together, so you may want to run a lash comb through your lashes to make sure they are fully separate.

dior show mascara wand

The one thing I don't like about this mascara is that I notice it smudges easily on to my lid. I do have quite oily eye lids and I can't wear eyeshadow without a good primer on my lid. When I first noticed this I thought my eyebrow pencil was smudging below my brow. But it wasn't, I cleaned up the smudge and later on in the day there was more smudging in the same place. To some people it wouldn't be noticeable, but to me it stands out a mile.

dior showtime mascara

dior showtime mascara smudge
Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me, as it is something I don't want to be worried about my mascara smudging under my brows. Thankfully it didn't smudge under my eye, where mascara normally smudges for some people.

I don't know if it is to do with the oiliness of my lid, or if this product has a tendency to smudge on anyone else. I did some research online and I didn't see anywhere of anyone mentioning the product smudging on them.

To remove at the end of the night, it removes very easily with my micellar water or make up remover of my choice. I really wanted to love this mascara. For €31.50 I would expect it to not smudge on me. Maybe in a good way, it's a good thing I didn't fall in love with it, especially since it's over €30.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig