15 July 2013

Review: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Invisible Nutritive Oil SPF50+

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL spf 50
€17.20 (Purchased in a french pharmacy!)

The past week we've been really lucky with the weather. At one stage when I got into my car it was a scorching 35C! I'm not one for worshipping the sun, but when I'm out in it I like to protect myself. On a recent trip to Nice with some of the girls I brought along with me my Clinique SPF 40 body cream that I got in work over a year ago with a discount (I can't remember the exact price). This was my first time to use this cream which was quite thick and very "white" as it transferred to some of my clothing, which is a pain in the arse!

I popped along to a french pharmacy and picked up the much hyped up La Roche Posay SPF 50 oil. Of course this being bought in France had plenty of french words on it and not many english! This oil contains both UVB & UVA. It comes in a generous 200ml bottle with a pump. My main concerns for using this was a high protection factor & no tansfer (white marks) on my clothes.

Of course with most oils it was quite runny but it can cover quite a large area with about 3 pumps. There's no sunblock smell off it (which is great!).  You don't feel like you have to walk with your arms and legs sticking out. I actually like the feel of this on my skin. Any of those dry problem areas this is really nourishing and absorbs nicely into the skin.

I've tried it over make up. The make up I was using was my clinique BB cream, with collection lasting perfection concealer. My BB cream contains SPF30, however it is not a once application. As with normal sun creams you have to topup during the day. I used this over makeup. I would squirt 1 pump into my hands and rub together and glently press over my face. Although it didn't completely remove my make up (like oil based cleansers do) this didn't smudge my make up too much as I gently pressed it over my make up and didn't swipe it, as to do so would most likely remove the BB and concealer.

This is something that I've become quite the fan of for being out in the sun!

What SPF do you use?

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig