22 July 2013

Clinique: Instant Brow Lift vs. SuperFine Liner for Brows

I've been using my shadows less and less for filling in my brows. Instead I've been sticking to my clinique instant brow lift pencil in soft brown to define my brows. If you've never used it before it's a double ended pencil that has the brow definer shade on one end and a highlight on the other end. I'm on my second pencil as the first one lasted me ages as I went through phases of it. My second pencil I'm just addicted to using, so much so that I feel like I'm going through it really quickly! So I thought why don't I try out the other clinique pencil as I'm sure you'd get more product for defining your brows in it.
Clinique InstantLift for Brows & SuperFine Liner.jpg

In the Clinique Instant Brow Lift (€14.65) you get 0.4g of product (for filling in your brows) and in Clinique SuperFine Liner for Brows (€13.20) you get 0.8g. So already SuperFine Liner has double the amount of product and SuperFine Liner is cheaper as you're now saving €1.45!

Swatch of Clinique SuperFine Liner and instant brow lift.jpg
Swatch of the clinique pencils
Looking at the swatches the superfine liner is slightly lighter shade to the instant brow lift, however they are the same named shade.

So what do they look like on the brows?
Clinique SuperFine Liner.jpg
Clinique SuperFine Liner Soft Brown 02 Before & After
clinique Instant Lift for Brows before and after.jpg
Clinique Instant Lift for Brows 02 Soft Brown
Brows before and after.jpg
Yup, they're sisters, not twins

I like the result of both pencils. However the SuperFine Liner pencil unlike the Instant Brow Lift, you can't see how much product is left in the tube as it can't retract. Let's just hope I don't run out at of it if I have nothing else to fill my brows in with! I prefer the thinness of Super Fine Liner over the thickness of the Instant Brow lift, as towards the end of Instant Brow Lift can be quite difficult to see where you are placing the pencil as the tip is quite thick as you can see in the second photo of the swatches.

High light pencil.jpg
Highlight end of Instant Lift for Brows
high light smudged.jpg
Highlight swatch and smudged out
The highlighter end of Instant Brow Lift is something I never use. For highlighting I prefer to use matte powders or light shimmery powders. The highlight on this pencil is too yellow toned for my taste.

So I think I've moved on to Super Fine Liner, as the price is cheaper, I prefer the packaging as I can see where I'm placing the product as the pencil is thinner, there's twice the amount of product in it and finally I get to use the whole product and not throw away part of the product, thus wasting money.

Have you tried in the Clinique pencils to fill in your brows? What do you fill your brows in?

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig