10 April 2013

Review: Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

I remember the first time I ever seen this. It was a girl I know in a pub and she pulled a tube out squeezed a little out and started applying it to her lips. My first thoughts "Jeez, that's a big lip balm".It wasn't until a few years later that I read up on it and then more recently actually bought it. I've read up about the fragrance it has. Believe me it's true. To be honest it was the first thing to make me not want to use it. Dramatic I know. But I couldn't bare the thought of my lips smelling that fowl.

I got over the smell and started using it. I can now safely say it's a staple in my night time routine. I have a tube in the bathroom and a tin of the stuff beside my bed (in case to apply it in the bathroom and I just got cosy in bed!)

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream

I know it doesn't look great when you squirt it out at first. But when you see that it works you get over the appearance and smell ,(of course you can get the fragrance free version - link), you will realise how soft your skin will feel after a few uses. Even after the first one, I noticed my lips were softer the next morning. Although it does have a greasey formula, sometimes you need something that bit heavier for extra dry patches. Dry patches especially like elbows, this is like a mask! How wonderful!

Of course you can use this product in many ways, some use this for their cuticles, some shape their brows with it and if you follow pixiwoo on youtube, you might have noticed at least once Nic using this on her cheek bones. I've never used it on my cheek bones or to hold the shape of my brows so I can't comment on it. 

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig