13 March 2013

Review: Rimmel Fix & Protect PRO Primer

For the last while I've been really getting into using a primer for my face. I was using my Smashbox primer for the past while, but the packaging really annoys me (yes it's the old style packaging!) - link

I've turned to start reusing Rimmel. I purchased a new tube of it a little while ago and I will say I love it! It's a great "drugstore"/ highstreet primer.

Rimmel Fix & Protect Pro Primer


I find that it helps even out the texture of my skin when I am having a bad skin day. I don't find it mattifies too much which is great for my dry skin. Throughout my day when I don't wear this, I notice my foundation "wears" away quickest on my chin and on my nose. 

I feels lovely and smooth on my skin and easily applies after I let my moisturiser sink into my skin. Like my review on Rimmels BB Cream - link I want to pick out the 5 points that they claim

It claims to:

  1. Smooth, I'm 25 years old and heading for 26 in a few short months. Most beauty related people would advice for anyone that is 25 to start looking at anti-wrinkle creams. If you do have any wrinkles this is meant to help smooth them out. "poly filler" as my mum would refer to them. I don't have any wrinkles that are notice able, but I do have slight dimples on my left cheek. When I smile I find that it can cause creases in my foundation. This helps minimal creasing although doesn't fully stop it.
  2. Resurface, when having dry skin patches that are slightly flakey (yes I know, ewww!!) I find that this helps mask the texture of the patch. And my skin does feel smoother.
  3. Brighten, to be honest I'm not 100% sure I can agree with this statement. At times I believe it can be down to the foundation I am using or if I try a Kim Kardashian contour - link , then I can truly feel like my skin is brightened.
  4. Mattify, like I've already mentioned I don't find this really that mattifying as I do have dry skin. But I find that the oil that my skin does produce at the end of the day is considerably less than with out it.
  5. Protect, okay, this one has me in a puzzle, as there is no SPF at all in the product. So what does it exactly protect against? For me you would be better off with a moisturiser with an SPF of at least 15 before this product. It is common knowledge that sun damage is the number one thing that doesn't help preventing aging, in fact causes it. I suppose there's an upside to not being a fan of sunny beach holidays.

So my overall opinion is I do like this product for my dry skin. But don't count on it having an SPF in it.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig