04 March 2013

Review: My Senses Miracle Moisture

For the last while I've been using a brand of Shampoo I thought I'd never use.....Tesco! I will admit to being a snob regarding to what I use on my hair. I've thick, wavy hair that is dyed blonde. Yes, not too healthy! I find myself wishing for softer locks and just awesome hair. This can sometimes be a challenge for me. Whenever I'm picking shampoos I either go for blonder hair shampoo or one that will nourish my hair as much as it can. While going to buy Herbal Essences "hello hydration" I came across "My Senses: Miracle Moisture" by Tesco.

Tesco My Senses Miracle Moisture Shampoo
www.tesco.com

Of course I popped open the lid and compared the smell of the two shampoos and they were very similar. So I opted for the cheaper option. (400mls of Herbal Essences is €5.25, 400mls of My Senses is €2.99) The shampoo itself has a blue tint in it. Smells lovely, rich and coconutty. It lathers quite easily and leaves my hair feeling super clean. Anyone that dyes their locks knows that maintaining moisture is essential to keeping your hair looking good and being healthy.

I always use a conditioner, whether it's a deep conditioning mask for my hair, conditioner or a leave in conditioner I always use one. For this shampoo I find I don't have to use a deep conditioning mask and that a leave in conditioner does the job. Great for when you don't have enough time. 
The only down side to this shampoo is that it's packed with sulfates.

If you don't know what sulfates are "Sulfates are detergents that produce lather. They are found in a variety of beauty products, including soaps, body washes, and shampoo. Sulfates break up grease on the hair, allowing it to be rinsed away. In hair products, like shampoo, sulfates remove natural oils, dirt and hair product residue. Sulfates can be rather harsh for sensitive skin, and may strip away color, according to LorealParisUSA.com"

If sulfates are something you really want to avoid (most hairdressers would advise this) then it's probably best to stay clear of this shampoo. The Herbal Essences Hello Hydration also has sulfates. It's a pity because I do actually like this shampoo.

But if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Hello Hydration, Miracle Moisture is just as good!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig