08 February 2013

"Genius in a Bottle"

Catrice have done it again!

Another fantastic dupe for a highend product.

In August 2011 Chanel brought out a nail polish in the shade Péridot (531). It is a greenish gold shade and when you look at it from a different angle it can look like it has a lot of blue tones in it. I kind of reminds me of petrol in water kind of effect. I don't own this polish but I have been cheeky and swatched it on my nail before....and do I have a photo? ahem....no. But I will send you over to Temptalia.com for photo's of swatches....- link
Catrice genius in a bottle dupe for chanel peridot 531
Catrice - link vs Chanel - link
The size of Catrice is 10mls Chanel 13mls....(The above pictures are not an accurate comparision in size)

Looking at them in their Press photo's side by side they look very similar. Swatching them they are dead similar to each other. When I wore my cartrice "Genius in a bottle" it was identical. I even convinced a friend that I splurged on Chanel nail polish....
Come on would I really spend that much on a polish?

One coat of "genius in a bottle"
Catrice nail polish RRP is €2.49 (I think!) While the Chanel nail polish is roughly around the €22 mark...(link)

Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig