04 February 2013

"C'mon Chameleon!"

While in Penneys the other day I found myself browsing the Catrice stand. And found a very interesting shade. "C'mon Chameleon!". My very first thought was, "oh, a dupe for MAC's "Club" I must try out".
So €3.49 later and a small drop at the counter (but it survived) and I was home ready to try out this beaut.

Untitled

Untitled

Here's MAC's "Club"

Untitled


So let's compare the two shadows...

Swatches:

Club eye shadow dupe_edited-1
Catrice 410 "C'mon Chameleon" on the left and MAC "Club" on the right
Identical right? I feel like if I squint my right eye and tilt my head....I swear Catrice is a wee bit nicer than MAC..... I never thought I'd say that.

Both these are very similar texture. Both being a Satin finish. Both apply to the eye quite easily. What I love about these colours is that both can be wore on it's own.

I wore "C'mon Chameleon" out on Saturday night and I loved the look of it. It is an excellent dupe for MAC's club. Girls if you are thinking of buying MAC's club I would recommend buying the Catrice one. First of all you get 0.5 grams more product. (Catrice 2grams, MAC 1.5 grams).
Not only do you get more product in catrice but it is a hell of a lot cheaper. I looked up MACs website (french site for euros price) and Club was €17 vs C'mon Chameleon for €3.49!
So you are saving €13.50 for the same eye shadow? You can buy lots of Catrice shadows for that!! (well 3 more)....3 MAC shadows cost (at €17) cost €51 .... And €51 worth of Catrice shadows is 14 shadows...

It's been a while since I bought MAC shadows outside airport prices....but I'm in shock at the price!! I think I shall be looking more into Catrice eye shadows. Not just Starlight Espresso for my brows.


(* UPDATED WITH PHOTO'S WITH WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE
ON THE LID AS REQUESTED BY Cuti-Clue-Les)

What does it look like on the lid?


c'mon chameleon catrice
catrice c'mon chameleon applied
MAC Club dupe catrice c'mon chameleon
Other Make up
Black liner on waterline - Smoulder MAC 
(Tight-lined and smudged on top and bottom lid)
(light, powder only)


What do you guys think? Amazing value or what?

You might just find me in penneys with one of those baskets emptying the Catrice stand!

....I've just remembered....one of my local pharmacy's stock Catrice....eeek!!


Thanks for stopping by :)

Celeste x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig