08 December 2012

The best of 2012: The products to have!

I've tried to find some products, are must haves. One's that stand out from the rest. So I've tried to limit to one item per section.

Here's my best of 2012.

Foundation


Review: Bourjois Healthy mix foundation
Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. An amazing medium coverage foundation that leaves a demi matte finish but doesn't dry out the skin.

Mascara

www.unebeauty.com
I've never really mentioned this mascara before on the blog. It made a brief appearance in one of my make up looks. It's my first product from the brand UNE and I quite like the mascara. I felt it was lengthening more so than a voluminous look. Gives great definition.

Concealer

Review: Rimmel Wake me up concealer
Rimmels wake me up concealer is really good for under the eyes and for some blemishes. Wakens up your look (hence the name) and lasts for up to 12 hour shifts!

Powder

The only reason why I don't like MSF as of this morning
If you read my blog regularly you might have noticed my little rants about MAC's MSF (mineralise skin finish). Of course the only curse about this product is the packaging. But great powder and you don't feel too cakey!

Eye shadow primer

www.urbandecay.com

Having oily eye lids is no fun at all. Thanks to primers, especially urban decays one, I can actually wear eyeshadow with no worries of it creasing and smudging away. Of course they come in different shades but i only have the original one.

Eye Shadow

Got delivery today it was rather naked

The Urban Decay Naked series is only gorgeous. The neutral palettes allow for make up looks to suit all occasions. The Naked 1 palette is a more warm toned neutrals while Naked 2 offers cooler toned shadows. Great pigmentation with countless looks. You can mix the two palettes together to even get more looks.

Brow product

www.clinique.com
www.catrice.eu
I've done a post before on what I fill my brows in with. Catrice is one that I've discovered since in "Starlight Espresso". It's perfect for my brows and it's quite cheap which is always an added bonus! I go between catrice and clinique instant brow lift.  Both great products.

Eye liners

How to: Big Bright Beautiful Eyes
Benefit's eye bright is a pale pink liner that I love to use on the water line.

Blush

www.bourjois.co.uk
Bourjois blushes are amazing value. I've only two of their blushes in similar shades - different finishes. Handy little pot to add a little colour to your cheeks.

Highlight

www.narscosmetics.com
My first and only NARS cheek product so far. This I suppse is technically a blush but the colour payoff is minimal but the highlight is gorgeous. It has a very slight shimmer that makes the skin appear to be glowing.

Brushes

You all know how much I love Real Techniques



www.sigmabeauty.com
It's not anything new that I love Real Techniques brushes. But the buffering brush is the brush to have for foundation application in my opinion.

I love the sigma brushes for appling foundation, my favourite is the F80, flat top brush.

Lash curlers

www.shuuemura.co.uk
It's something I won't do if I'm in a rush. But a must for a night out. Want to hear something funny? I only really need to curl one eye (my left one). These come with a replaceable silicone pad. And guess who can't find theirs? I wonder if Shu Uemura has ones to buy as replacements I really doubt it.

Cleansing products

I've been loving hot cloth cleansers lately. I'm in the middle of using my Soap and Glory one.

www.soapandglory.com

I'm loving the muslin clothes with these cleansers. My skin feels amazing after! The only thing about these cleansers is I don't like to use these for removing eye make up....because the cloths end up ruined! But what I do like to use to remove my eye make up is Bio Derma!

www.bioderma.com
I seriously love this product. (Yes, I've the 500mls container). When I was in Nantes I purchased this. And well I got one for my friend Emma in work, one for mum (she doesn't know what Bio Derma is, but she thinks "it's grand", my visiting aunt loves it!) and I also got 2 for me. Yes, I got 2 litres of the stuff, first thing in the morning and had carried it around for a few hours. I know, silly Celeste.

So these are my favourites of 2012. What are yours?

Thanks for stopping by :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig