16 March 2012

Brittle nails update....(t'is been a while)

If any you have read my post entry on my mission to get nice strong nails. You may have remembered that I promised to do updates on using OPI's nail envy.

 
Well to be honest I've noticed very little in the difference of the condition of my nails. I've even bought OPI's nail envy for senistive peeling nails. Which I didn't know exsisted until recently. Whenever I wear nail polish I've 75% of the time worn one of the nail envy's as a base, two coats of colour and a top coat. However my nails are still peeling underneath which in turn  gives the chipped look effect (to add to the chipping).

 
I used to take a hair, skin and nails supplement from Holland and Barrett a couple of years ago but then I became useless in taking the tablet. Forgetfulness and laziness doesn't help.

 
Since my nails have gotten really bad at peeling and breaking I've decided to start taking a hair, skin & nails supplement again. This time I've decided to get perfectil from Boots.

Google Images
One tablet is to be taken after your main meal (obiviously dinner).

Inside each tablet contains:

  • Standardised Grape seed extract (95%): Contains antioxidants to help protect cells from free radical damage and promote a healthy circulation.
  • Natural vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium: Antioxidants that help protect against skin damage caused by free radicals, UV light and pollution.
  • Vitamin C: Helps to maintain skin strength and elasticity. Also required for healthy nails.
  • Vitamin D3: Required for healthy skin, bones and general maintenance of tissue.
  • B complex vitamins, folic acid and iron: Involved in blood formation and circulation for the transportation of nutrients to the dermis.
  • Natural carotenoids: Can help reduce sun damage.
  • Biotin: Involved with hair growth.
  • Copper: Necessary for hair strength and the formation of hair follicles.
  • Magnesium and zinc:  Important minerals, which can help, reduce hair loss. Zinc is also important for the maintenance of strong nails.
  • Iodine:  Essential for the production of thyroxine, a hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. A lack of thyroxine can have a detrimental effect on the appearance of skin, hair and nails.
  • Iron:  To help maintain healthy nails.
  • Manganese: Vital for healthy skin because of its role in connective tissue metabolism

Information from the vitabiotics website http://www.vitabiotics.com/

 
Hopefully this will help on my mission to achieve stronger nails with less peeling. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig