15 February 2012

Real Techniques Core Collection

In a recent haul you can read here, you see that I purchased Samantha Chapmans Brushes "Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman". Only untill recently could you only purchase her brushes online.

Right now they are avaliable in Boots. I purchased the Core Collection for €30.49. Since I purchased these brushes on Friday I've used these brushes a few times. In the case you get four brushes. The buffering brush, the pointed foundation brush, the detail brush and the contour brush. The brushes visually are very pretty. They have a nice light goldish colour aluminum ferrules dominating the handle with the base being black. The shade of the ferrules determine that they are for creating a flawless base.

It has "Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman" printed on one side and on the other the name of the brush. The brushes are light to use and they have taklon bristles to give that HD result.

The first brush I want to have a look at is the pointed foundation brush.

I find this brush quite small for a foundation brush. When I used it for the first time I felt that it was taking a little longer than normal to apply my foundation. Comparing this to a regular foundation brush there was a noticable difference in size. I washed this brush to have a go at using it the second day, but when I went to use it I chose not to as I simply didn't have the time. The overall finish was good. It got the foundation on my face and didn't leave it looking streaky. The foundations I've used this brush on were, Rimmels Match Perfection and a mix between Rimmels Stay Matte & Gosh's X-ceptional wear (one is too dark the other is too light) and both I was happy with the look of the product on my face. But the brush is just too small for my liking.

The second brush I was to mention is the detail brush.

This brush can be used for concealer or lipstick application according to the packaging. I tried using the brush for concealer application only so far and to be honest I don't like it. I will however give it a go at applying lipstick although I tend to use the bullet of the lipstick for applying lipstick instead of a brush. Emma suggested that I try it out on my brows. That's still yet to happen. I currently will stick to my other concealer brushes or using my fingers to perfectly blend out the product.

Will try it out and will update ya all when I make a decision on the brush in regards to how it applys both lipstick and brows!

The next brush I want to talk about is the buffering brush.
When I first got this brush, I had already decided to use this nicely dense brush for powder application (using my favourite MSF!) It gave good coverage. Althought I've dry skin I get slightly paranoid of a shinny forehead. I felt happy enough to use this buffering brush to get the powder on to my "T" zone.
It was suggested to me to try it out as a foundation brush. So i've tried it at least twice since. I've used it with Revlon's Photo Ready foundation and the mixture of Rimmels Stay Matte & Gosh's X-ceptional wear (As I tried with the pointed foundation brush). I must say I was a little weary of using this as a foundation brush at first as I felt the brush might be a little too dense, but the foundation went on grand. Once you apply it lightly and keep it to the tips of the bristles, that does the work.

Now the final brush to mention...the contour brush.

I think this might be my personal favourite. I love the shape of it. The hairs on the brush are nice a soft and give a nice blend when applying bronzer. I've used two of my bronzers (Benefit's Hoola and Inglot's 58) and I'm quite happy with the result. In the past I've used angled brushes such as Sigma's F40 and MAC's 168, but this has one my heart. I did try this out as a blush but I much prefer this a bronzing brush. It fits it lovely underneath where my cheek bones is meant to be (my round face makes this hard to find sometimes, I just have to suck in my cheeks!).

So a quick summary - I'm loving the buffering brush & the contour brush and not so the detail brush and the pointed foundation brush.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig