03 November 2011

Mini Haulage (yes I said haulage!)

This a post that I saved to drafts and forgot to post...........better late than never I suppose!

A while ago just gone I went (semi) mad in MAC, Dublin Airport and ended up spending €70!! (with an extra 10% discount for staff at the time!)

The first thing that I wanted to get was MAC's mineralize skinfinish in the shade light medium. This is my must have powder. I absolutely LOVE this and is my number one essential product. However, as usual they were sold out of the shade. I have used medium, but maybe it's just me, but I like to use the medium in the morning and touch up with the light medium throughout the day. Also medium would be the one I'd use if I were to wear fake tan (which I hardly ever do...too lazy!).

So I skipped that and proceeded to look at the shade sticks from the "MAC me over collection"
I was interested in the shade Heirloom, but they were sold out of that one.
So I ended up getting Tundra and butternutty. Tundra is an icy silver colour which the MAC girl said would be really nice for a smokey eye. Butternutty is a neutral frosted colour, and could be worn with pretty much any colour I think.




Swatches, Tundra left and Butternutty right.


Then.....


My eye took hold of a foundation. The new MAC Matchmaster foundation.

According to the maccosmetics website:

"A virtually "invisible" foundation with coverage influenced by your own skin tone. A breakthrough patented formula technology with a spectrum of 14 light to deep dark shades. Discover shade intelligence!"
"New Foundation technology using translucent pigments to enable a fully personalized finish influenced by the subtleties of your own skin's undertone. Moisturizing demi-matte finish. Medium buildable coverage. Line-reducing soft-focus powders."
I don't know about you guys, but this to me sounds good :)

I got the colour 1.5

MAC's Matchmaster in 1.5. The foundation has a slight yellow undertone

So far I've worn it once and a tad too dark, but with some tan it should be grand. So further usage of this will be needed to do a proper post about it if you want (let me know in the comments). So, keep an eye out ladies!!!

Then trying to think of pixiwoo's video of Nic's make up of "The Corpse Bride". I was trying to think of the lipstick that she wore in the video. I just thought it was lovely, so me with my terrible memory I couldn't think of the name so all I could tell the girl was, I know it's pink! So I got the shade Lustering It was the less louder and intense out of the two lip sticks which she showed me.

Lustering Lip stick from MAC
To match the lipstick, I bought 2 lip liners in similar shades to wear underneath to intensify the colour. One from the natural collection and one from rimmel. I've only used the natural collection with it so far and I think it's only garrrrrrjus!!

What do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig